Saturday, October 3, 2009

Family Med Week 2

So week 2 of family medicine started out super lame. I mean, we can't write notes and I don't know.. my partner Matt said it well "Family Medicine In Service is like the bastard child of internal medicine". It's just odd because family medicine basically admits and takes care of anyone who has some relationship with family medicine.

So that means we take care of chest pain, whatever pain, pancreatitis, psych issues, etc. The thing is , I feel like we are the epitome of inefficiency and I guess alot of that comes from coming of a surgical team. It doesn't help that sometimes the team gets kind of giggly. I'll just say this much, our head resident/chief is this really cute Indian girl but sometimes she just gets all giggly and I just..have a hard time taking that seriously

Night call was all right. It was my first time partnering it up. Matt and I each took an admission and then we helped our resident. She let us peace out at 1130p.. so I got 5-6 hours of sleep but call beds are remarkably stiff and horrible for sleeping.

Things that I saw that were interesting.. a lady with a possible C1-INH deficiency .. so weird.


Umm.. a pretty good week. My weekend has been great so far. I actually got up from morning prayers, today, Saturday which doesn't happen often. Then my pops and I got some coffee and then went to go help clean up a Masjid that we go to.

It's weird, that supposedly religious people neglect the most basic aspects of cleanliness. We spent time cleaning up all kinds of trash and packing up wood and whatnot. Then we washed out all these dirty pots that were stinking to high heaven. I mean, a masjid is a House of God, not just the inside but the outside as well. This isn't the first time my Dad and I did this kind of work only to have people come by, Muslims that is, look and walk away or comment on the good work and walk away. I mean.. why is it that people view this work as being below them.

A good weekend. My cocky surgery attitude is wearing off and being replaced by corny, lovable me.. this was bolused by seeing Forrest Gump, one of my all time favorite movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment